Isaiah 43:19 (NLT)
19 “For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.”
In less than 15 hours, we are closing out 2016 and making our transition into 2017. For some, this last year has been filled with disappointment and loss. For others, it has been a springboard for new and exciting adventures. Whatever your outcome was for 2016, I write you today with hope and expectation for a new chapter in our lives! Today, as I am transitioning from 2016 into 2017, I want to share some thoughts with you on the upcoming year.
A New Chapter 2017: What changes do you want to make in 2017?
- Get closer to Christ? How? Study more, pray more, find a church or get more involved in your church. Seek out resources to increase your knowledge of Scripture. (LifeWay, Christianbooks.com, etc.)
- Reach out? How? Reach out to your community by doing a women’s Bible study in your church, sign up as a Sunday School teacher and begin developing relationships, join a community group or participate in a community activity.
- Hug your family tighter: How? By setting aside more time to eat together, pray together, talk about your highs and lows for the day, make time for one on one with your spouse, take a verse of Scripture, post it in your home for the week and make a point to talk about it with your husband, children, or other family members. Study together and use technology to seek out reputable resources to learn more about your weekly or daily Scriptures.
- Be the best version of you: How? Physically, do you need to concentrate on making some health changes? Invest in a reputable program and get started making lifestyle changes today.
- Finances: How? Sit down and make a list of all debt and research ways to quickly pay off your debts so that you can begin to get a handle on your finances. Cut out those extras that are not necessities for a time so that you can pay down debt.
What can you add to this list? Maybe you have already spent 2016 concentrating on some of these areas. This list is meant to get you thinking about making changes and know that this will vary from person to person.
I want to live stronger in 2017, seeking out Christ’s plan for my life. Do you want to live stronger in Christ too? Are you wondering, Lord, what is your plan for my life? What will Jesus Christ do in you or through you over this next year? If you make any changes over this next year, declare today to get closer to Christ, boldly pray for Him to show you how to be a better witness for Him! If you are a wife to a lost husband, mother to a lost child, daughter to lost parents, if you want to see your community come to know Jesus…Maybe you just want to see your family come together as a family that prays.. Join Live Strong Ministries in the 2017 Prayer Project. You can download the guide below and begin praying Scripture over yourself and everyone in your family and community.
Our team at LSM is praying for you daily. Happy New Year!
Till next time!
If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and you want to do that today. Look above this post to the contact page and send us an email letting us know you want to know more about how to do that. We would love to talk to you about giving Christ your heart and help you find a church. We have some information we would like to send you as well.